‘Hazardous’ Weather Forecast Prompts Aqueduct, Pimlico, Delaware Park, Meadowlands To Cancel Saturday Programs by Paulick Report Staff|09.22.202309.23.2023|5:49pm12:08pm The New York Racing Association has canceled Saturday's live racing program at Aqueduct Racetrack in South Ozone Park, N.Y., due to high winds and significant rainfall forecast to create hazardous weather conditions in the New York metropolitan area on Saturday. Pimlico in Baltimore, Md., Delaware Park in Wilmington, Del., and the all-turf Monmouth at Meadowlands meet in East Rutherford, N.J., also cancelled their Saturday programs because of Tropical Storm Ophelia. Parx Racing in Bensalem, Pa., just north of Philadelphia, is scheduled to run its 14-race Pennsylvania Derby day card that was to begin at 11:35 a.m. ET and featuring 10 stakes offering more than $3.5 million in purses. The National Weather Service (NWS) is calling for sustained high winds with gusts up to 40 MPH and heavy rainfall throughout the day along the Eastern Seaboard. Aqueduct will remain open for simulcasting on Saturday, and online wagering is available through www.NYRABets.com. Saturday's featured Grade 3, $150,000 Noble Damsel and $125,000 Ashley T. Cole at Aqueduct will be brought back on Friday, Sept. 29, with entries to be taken on Sunday. Live racing at Aqueduct is scheduled to resume on Sunday with a nine-race card featuring the $125,000 Joseph A. Gimma and the $125,000 Bertram F. Bongard. First post is 1:05 p.m. ET. Pimlico is also scheduled to run on Sunday, with a 10-race card set to begin at 12:25 p.m. Delaware Park does not run until Wednesday, Sept. 27, with an eight-race card that begins at 12:30 p.m. Saturday's card has been rescheduled to be run on Friday, Nov. 3. The revised daily live racing schedule for Delaware Park is Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday through the remainder of the meet which is scheduled to close on Saturday, Nov. 4. Monmouth at Meadowlands had a six-race program Saturday night scheduled to begin under the lights at 7 p.m. ET. That meet is scheduled to continue for three more weeks, with racing on Fridays and Saturdays.